Is There Anything My Doctor Can Do to Help Me Lose Weight?
The good news is that there are a few things your doctor can do to support your weight loss efforts. Here we’ll take a look at what those things are and provide tips to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
What Your Doctor Can Do To Help You Lose Weight
Before recommending any treatment plan or fitness routine, your doctor will assess your weight, health history, and current health status to determine any underlying medical issues that may be contributing to your weight gain.
This can include measuring your waistline, height, and weight to determine your BMI, checking your blood pressure, and examining your heart health.
Once any potential medical issues have been addressed, your doctor can help by recommending any of the following things:
Personalized Weight Loss Plan
Your doctor can work with you to create a tailored weight loss plan that takes your specific needs and health concerns into account. This may include setting realistic weight loss goals, creating an exercise plan, and possibly recommending intermittent fasting.
Your doctor may also refer you to a professional specializing in healthy eating and nutrition to help you change your diet for better weight management.
In some cases, emotional issues or factors such as stress can contribute to weight gain. Your doctor may suggest seeing a counselor or therapist to address any behavioral or psychological factors that could be hindering your weight loss efforts.
If you are having issues sticking to your weight loss diet, your doctor may also prescribe weight loss medication to support your efforts. These medications work by suppressing appetite or blocking the absorption of fat in food. It’s important to note that these medications should only be used to complement a healthy diet and exercise plan, not as a replacement for those lifestyle changes.
Some weight loss doctors offer a procedure known as body contouring. This non-invasive procedure uses Lipo laser technology to burn fat by instructing your body to release stored fat into the bloodstream, where it can then be naturally eliminated through your stool. This is typically used for targeted areas of stubborn fat that won’t budge with diet and exercise alone.
Weight Loss Surgery
In severe cases where other weight loss methods have failed, your doctor may recommend surgery. This procedure is usually reserved for individuals with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher or those with a BMI of 35 and above who also have obesity-related health issues like diabetes or heart disease.
It’s important to note that weight loss surgery should only be considered after you have tried multiple other methods to lose weight and improve your health. It should also be accompanied by lifestyle changes such as a healthy diet and regular exercise.
How To Work With Your Doctor To Achieve Your Weight Loss Goals
- Be prepared: Before visiting your doctor, make a list of any concerns or questions you have about your weight and overall health. This will help ensure that your doctor addresses all your concerns during the appointment.
- Follow their recommendations: It’s essential to follow any guidelines or treatment plans recommended by your doctor in order to see the best results. This may include sticking to a prescribed diet or exercise plan, taking any medications as directed, and attending recommended therapy sessions.
- Keep them updated: Make sure to keep your doctor updated on your progress, including any changes in weight or health status. This will allow them to make adjustments to your treatment plan if necessary.
- Don’t be afraid to seek a second opinion: If you feel your current doctor is not meeting your needs, don’t hesitate to seek a different medical professional who may have different approaches or solutions for your weight loss journey.
Remember, weight loss is a team effort, and your doctor is there to support and guide you on your journey to a healthier lifestyle.
Tips For Successful Weight Loss
In addition to working with your doctor, here are some tips that can help you achieve successful weight loss:
- Set realistic goals: It’s important to focus on gradual, sustainable weight loss rather than trying to achieve dramatic results in a short amount of time.
- Create an exercise plan: Find physical activities that you enjoy and make them a regular part of your routine. This can include activities like walking, biking, swimming, or joining a fitness class.
- Make healthy diet changes: Focus on incorporating more whole foods into your diet and reducing your intake of processed and sugary foods.
- Seek support: Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends and family who can help encourage and motivate you on your weight loss journey.
- Stay consistent: Consistency is key for successful weight loss. It’s important to stick with the plan you and your doctor have created and not give up when facing challenges or setbacks.
Remember, losing weight is a journey, and it’s important to be patient and kind to yourself during the process. Working with your doctor can provide additional support and guidance on this journey toward improved health and wellness.
Work With A Weight Loss Doctor Today
Losing weight can be a daunting task, but with the help of a qualified doctor, it can be much easier. If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy weight loss center in Nashville, look no further than the professionals at Weight Loss Centers of Nashville.
Our team of experts will work closely with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your specific needs and helps you achieve your weight loss goals. And even if you want quick and noticeable results within an hour of your visit, our body contouring procedure can give you that as well.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation and get started on the road to healthy living!